Sedation dentistry is commonly used to help anxious patients relax when receiving treatments and can even be used for less anxious patients to make them more comfortable during certain procedures. Sedation dentistry ensures a safe, painless way for all patient types to receive the best treatment, no matter their fears. At Balaci Dental Group, our highly trained doctors and team will guide you through any questions you have and will monitor you closely when undergoing sedation.
At our Annville, PA practice, we use nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, as our sedation dentistry method. Typically, the sedative produces a mild, euphoric effect, reducing the person’s ability to feel pain.This sedative has many benefits for the patient including:
- Works quickly – patients will start to feel the effects after 2 to 3 minutes.
- Can be controlled – your dentist can administer the gas for the exact time span it is needed for.
- Painless – no needles or other administration technique needed, nitrous oxide is inhaled.
- It will relax your muscles, meaning you won’t have any body aches or stiffness after a long procedure.
- Safe and effective – The effects wear off quickly after treatment allowing the patient to go about their day as normal.
Sedation dentistry is incredibly safe and produces little to no side effects after use. However, some risk factors do apply and those who are pregnant, have respiratory illness, allergies to sedation medication, or who have uncontrolled high blood pressure, may not be candidates. Your safety is the main priority for us at Balaci Dental Group, please provide all details of medication you are taking, allergies and any illnesses you have. This will ensure we provide you with the best care for your individual needs.
Our highly trained professionals have years of experience and education in dentistry and are happy to provide you with information on this treatment and more. Book an appointment today and come see us in our Annville, PA office!